A few weeks ago, we received a comment on one of our posts from a fellow blogger, A Mrs. and A Mama– who gave us the Liebster Award!! I immediately called K and gushed that someone read our blog (that we didn’t know!!) and awarded us something! We were both pretty much jumping up and down.
Then K was like, “What’s the Liebster Award?”
We had no idea. But does it really matter? 🙂
Anyways, we were pretty giddy.We checked out the sweet ladies that nominated us and had so much fun reading their blog, and discovered that the Liebster Award is an award for new and upcoming blogs with less than 200 followers, to create recognition for new bloggers. Basically, a fun get-to-know-you kind of thing.
The rules are as follows:
1. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the person who awarded you asked.
3. Award 11 other blogs and ask them 11 questions.
So, not exactly an Academy Award, but still exciting! And we are thrilled to be involved! K and I are going to answer the questions separately, so enjoy.
11 random facts about Monica
1. I love to grocery shop. I buy a new spice or random ingredient each time I go to be adventurous.
2. I love meeting new people, but I am horrible at remembering names/who people are.
3. I don’t remember ever being embarrassed to have hearing aids. I used to tell people I could talk to the President through them!
4. I won the spelling bee when I was in 2nd grade. I am a little bit of a obsessive speller.
5. I would love to visit New York someday- and Italy. Need me some spaghetti from Italy.
6. I used to hate my middle name, ‘Ruth’. I also wished my first name was Jesse. So glad I had no part in naming myself.
7. I eat at least one apple every single day.
8. It is my goal to be somewhat fluent in Spanish in the next 5 years.
9. My tupperware drawer is a disaster.
10. My favorite dessert is a toss up between a s’more and dutch apple pie.
11. I could read Psalm 119 every single day and never get sick of it. In fact, for the past 2 weeks, I have been.
11 Random Facts about Kaitlin
1. I could read for hours and not get sick of it…seriously.
2. I really would love to live in Seattle.
3. Somewhat attached to #3- I love rain. Running barefoot in the rain is one of the most freeing, happy things for me to do 🙂
4. I am extremely clumsy….like, it’s almost ridiculous I haven’t broken anything other than a few fingers and a few small dishes.
5. I collect pottery pitchers.
6. My favorite ice cream is coffee flavored Haagen Daz. And Curtis surprises me with it often 🙂
7. Singing in church makes me so happy
8. Funnily related to #4, I love to snowboard and am fairly good at it. How does that make sense?
9. I am really good at spelling. I feel like Monica and I should have a spell-off. I’m pretty sure I won a spelling bee or two also….;)
10. I have a huge soft spot for my unwanted stray cat.
11. I have enough random crafting and art supplies to stock a small store.
The 11 questions that “A Mrs. and A Mama” asked:
1. Why did you start your blog?
M- I have enjoyed reading blogs for the past few years, and thought it’d be fun to start one of our own! It’s way less scary to start one when you do it with someone. It’s been SO fun to do it with K.
K-To keep in touch with my sister who I no longer live close to. (but since we never really fell out of touch before this, I’d have to say to challenge each other to try new ideas/recipes/crafts and generally stay motivated about things.)
2.What is your current job/career?
M-I am a family practice nurse at a Community Health Clinic- love it!
K-I work at Starbucks while finishing my degree in Social Work.
3. Favorite Hobby?
M- Baking and running.
K- It’s a solid tie between reading and crafting.
4.Favorite holiday and why?
M- I love Thanksgiving the most. There’s something about all the family being around and sitting together for a meal that I have always loved- and I love giving/receiving gifts, but I loving having a holiday where you focus on being thankful, rather than frantically shopping for the perfect gift.
K- Christmas, because I love the feeling of family and togetherness and remembrance.
5. Favorite restaurant and meal?
M-This is too hard. Pass. Ok, Mustard’s Grill in Napa was phenominal. I had the best fish sandwich of my life there!
K- Takumi (A Japanese Restaurant) and teppanyaki. Craving it as I write.
6. Do you have pets? How many and what are they?
M- Yes! 3 German shepherds- Jaz, Ghost and Samson. I absolutely love them.
K- I have a half-pet. She is a fat black cat who came with our house, so we feed her out of guilt at her yowling. Neither my husband nor I are cat people.
7. Do you have any special Thanksgiving traditions or foods?
M- We used to always celebrate Thanksgiving with my mom’s parents- and before we ate, we’d always go around the table and say one thing we are thankful for. Basic, but special.
K- A special food that my mother always served that I hated was sweet potato casserole, and every Thanksgiving for 20 years she would make it and 4 out of 5 of us would ‘pass’ because the ‘spoon was too hot’. Mashed potatoes are my happy food year round and are my favorite at Thanksgiving.
8. Are you a renter/buyer/traveler?
M- We live on my husband’s family’s dairy- renting!
9. Number one item on your bucket list?
M- Shoot, I don’t have a bucket list yet. Probably some sort of long mission trip… like a couple months in Africa.
K- To go to Europe with Curtis ( my Hubby) and eat tons of yummy food and visit all the art sites and museums I studied in Art History.
10. Favorite season and why?
M- Winter winter winter! In California, that is. I love bundling up, snuggling up, and running in 30-40 degree weather. And warm fires (for my s’mores, obvi.)
K- The cold, snowy/rainy season- however long or short it may be. I am not, I repeat not, a summer person. Nome, Alaska is saved on my weather app so I can be jealous of their single digit temperatures.
11. Do you have any tattoos?
M-Nope. I got my belly button pierced in college and only liked it for a year then took it out. I could never choose something that I’d like long enough to make it permanent. I love my husband’s tattoo though.
K- I have two. The one on my wrist says Isaiah 40:8 and it is my favorite Bible verse. ‘The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the Word of the Lord will stand forever.’ Clearly, the verse itself is a bit long to get tattooed on the wrist, so I went the abbreviated route 🙂 I also have one on my foot that says ‘All was well.’, which is a nod to my Harry Potter nerdiness.
Here are the questions we’d like to ask!
1. If you could learn one skill, what would it be?
2. One item you can’t live without?
3. One habit you can’t break?
4. Favorite place to go/thing to do on a date?
5. Favorite meal of the day- and what is the meal?
6. What is your favorite hobby?
7. What is your favorite treat?
8. What is something you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years?
9. What do you look forward the most to in your daily activities?
10. If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
11. Why did you start your blog?
We’d like to give the following blogs with the Liebster award!
9. any other blog you would like to nominate?
10. any other blog you would like to nominate?
11. any other blog you would like to nominate?