Happy Humpday! I spent most of my morning reading to my sweetheart, cuddling with her, talking to her- and she fell asleep in the middle of my story! I hope you don’t think I’m boring, honey.. You have to hang out with me for a long time yet! I guess while she sleeps, I’ll share some of my favorite things as of late!
1. Obviously. No matter how tired I get, spending all of my time with Gabriella has already changed my life in the absolute best way.
2. Blueberry-flavored yogurt covered pretzels- don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it! I was skeptical at first, until my mom and little sister force-fed me one. Then I bought a pound of them. That’s a LOT of pretzels. I got these in the bulk bins at Winco.
3. Statement necklaces-perfect way to dress up a plain T-shirt! These are from Old Navy and Charming Charlies- all under $15! I saw my stylin’ friend Stacy wearing the mint green one a while back and loved it enough to copy her- thanks for sharing, Stace!
5. The new Imagine Dragons CD- can’t get enough.
6. My camelbak- I drink water like a madwoman these days, and I have never been so happy with a water bottle. Even if you have the valve up, it will not spill= perfect for having by my side constantly for when I feed Gabs. It also holds 750 mL- and I love measuring how much water I drink. I don’t know why, I guess I just like to be measurably hydrated? $15 at Target!
7. Last but definitely not least- the James study by Beth Moore. For those late nights that sometimes get a little lonely and when I just need some Biblical encouragement, this study has been incredible. Perseverance is the name of the game!
No matter what stage of life you are in, perseverance and mercy are things that you’ll probably need in great abundance. This study has truly opened my eyes to those concepts and I have been telling everyone to check it out! Beth has different levels of the study you can participate in, depending on how involved you can manage to be at this given time in your life. It ranges from just watching the weekly videos (available online for $5 a session) all the way to memorizing the whole book of James!
I started out with the intention of memorizing the book of James- made it through the first 10 verses and then we had Gabby! I will continue to try memorizing as much as possible, but we’ll see about the whole book! Gabby has been great about listening to my progress- and she never corrects me when I mess up! How sweet 😉
Having Scripture memorized has made all the difference to me in the past two weeks. I hope this encourages you to try it too!
P.S. I heard blueberry yogurt covered pretzels enhance memorization skills… might want to try it.