I’m all out of peanut butter.
BUT it’s totally for a fantastic reason! So I guess it’s really not that sad of a story. Anyways, you guys know I love my classic breakfast combo- greek yog, bluebs, and that Fiber One cereal. However, I am about out of Fiber One and sometimes that cereal is as much as $6 (?!?!) a box! So, as much as I love it, I decided it might be time to search for a cheaper member of my breakfast bowl.
Enter: Peanut Butter Granola. This stuff is highly addictive and pretty darn nutritious- yay for oats! And it’s pretty much as wallet-friendly as something can be. I made a small batch this morning because I was 1.) Hungry, and smaller batches take less time, and 2) I only had 2 TBSP of peanut butter left in my sad little jar.
This recipe is simple and takes a total of less than 20 minutes! I would make a bigger batch if you can, though. Pretty sure this is all going to be gone before lunch.
Have a wonderful Thursday, I’m off to a date with my mother in law!
Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola
makes four 1/4 cup servings
2 TBSP creamy peanut butter
2 TBSP honey
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 20 seconds). Stir.
- Stir cinnamon, salt & vanilla into peanut butter and honey mixture.
- Add oats and stir until oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture.
- Spread out oat mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 12 – 15 minutes until granola is slightly browned.
- Let cool until granola is crunchy.